We’ll meet in the Fourmile Canyon Creek Trailhead Lot on Lee Hill Drive, by the trail sign.
TYPE: Long Distance | PACE: Fitness/Conversational | TERRAIN: Sidewalks, dirt trails, paved multi-use paths | DISTANCE: Approx. 26 miles
Walk and Bike Month is back to *June* this year! Celebrate with us by walking ALL the way around Boulder on the 26-mile Walk 360 Slow Marathon!
On Saturday, June 18, we’ll go on a grand all-day adventure, walking counter-clockwise around the city on the Walk 360 route (see the full route map here, with section timings). We’ll traverse every kind of walking surface in the city, explore diverse neighborhoods and enjoy cool parks and open spaces along Boulder’s urban edges.
The Walk 360 gives Boulder walkers a whole new perspective on the city, demonstrating walkable connections among destinations and safe ways to get around Boulder’s busiest streets by foot. We’ll have plenty of places to stop for breaks and water along the way, and we’ll take a lunch break in South Boulder.
Registration is required and is free. Everyone who completes the route will receive a Walk 360 sticker. Challenge yourself to this one-of-a-kind adventure!
Schedule and Planning: We’ll meet at Four Mile Creek Trailhead at 7:00 a.m. and finish the full loop by 6:00 p.m. We’ll walk counter-clockwise, going from Lee Hill Drive to North Boulder Park, on to Chautauqua, South Boulder Recreation Center, East Boulder Recreation Center, Valmont Bike Park, and back to the starting place. Be sure to drink plenty of water on the days leading up to the event, and use the restroom before showing up at Four Mile Creek, as there are no facilities on site.
Walking Movement Leader: This event will be led by Darcy Kitching. Darcy is an avid long-distance walker who created the Walk 360 in 2017. She is the author of “The Best Urban Hikes: Boulder“. You can reach Darcy at 303-250-2436 or email@example.com.
- Our route takes us around the city, in the city. There are plenty of “bail points” if you don’t feel like you can finish the route. That said, please do prepare to walk the entire 26 miles. Please ONLY sign up for this urban hike if you are ready to walk ALL DAY!
- Prepare for rocky, steep, uneven paths on some of the trails.
- We will be taking plenty of breaks and there will be a few restroom opportunities along the way.
- Dogs are NOT allowed on this event (some trail sections do not allow them).
- Please monitor your health and do not join the Walk 360 if you have been exposed to any COVID-19 variant within the past two weeks.
- Bring a mask for going into any business or facility that requires or advises the use of one.
- Be sure to pack first aid supplies, including blister bandages, extra socks, Advil/Tylenol, and anything else you might need to stay well and comfortable throughout the day.
Waiver of Liability:
By signing up for this walk, you acknowledge that you are responsible for your own safety and well-being throughout the event. This is a volunteer-led experience. Volunteers are not liable for any injury or illness that may happen during the event or that results from participating in this event. Please take good care to sign up for only walks or hikes that are within your skill level and comfort. As always, have fun and be safe!